Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Learning My Lesson

Amazing what vitriol does for the learning curve!!

I need to make a clarification on ANYTHING I've said about O's father in the past (or future, might I add!)

The man I had my first child with is a wonderful father. He treats our little girl like the complete princess she deserves to feel like at all times. He's helped me more than I can say, and he's been fantastic about dealing with my occasional scattiness and bouts of insanity. On top of that, he's supported my little girl and I through some pretty awful stuff in the past year or two.

I never, EVER meant to insinuate that he was anything less than an excellent parent. The concerns I have about O being with him are all my own. Control-freak issues, and a desperate need to understand what's going on with my princess. The dramas we have with her are to do with her little body and brain not adjusting well to frequent change, and one day I hope to find a better way to take this in my stride. But for now, all I can do is cope. And occasionally bitch.

I've dedicated myself wholly to the task of parenting O the best way I know how, and will continue to do so. And the best I can hope is that her father will continue to help me in parenting her the best way he knows how, too.

The important lesson here? Everyone can see what I'm writing now. I need to be careful with how I word things, and form my opinions and thoughts fully before I put them out there to be misconstrued.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yep, that is one of the earliest lessons a blogger learns, and one of the most important. And even after years it can still be hard to master!

    ReplyDelete