Pages

Friday, April 18, 2014

Things I Know and Things I Wish I Knew - The FFS Friday Variety Hour.



It's Friday!! Apparently Good Friday (hands up all the Stay At Home Mums who beg to differ?) And I'm FFS'ing with Move, Fuel, Love, sharing the Things I Know with Help! I'm Stuck and Flogging my Blog at With Some Grace. Enjoy! 

Image Source


I know for a fact that my oldest two children are out to collectively kill me this week. The oldest, my stepson Bozo, is enlisting the help of his mum and grandmother in this task…FFS

I know that Bozo has been lying to all of the adults in his life, because I’ve caught him doing it on more than one occasion. When his father and I bring it up with the mother and grandmother (hereafter known as the Tweedles (as in Dum and Dee), we’re told ‘He’s just a little boy testing his boundaries’. 

HE ISN’T A LITTLE BOY, HE’S NEARLY 11 YEARS OLD! HE’S ONLY LYING BECAUSE YOU TWO MAKE IT ACCEPTABLE!! FFS

I wish I knew why the Tweedles, seemingly two adult members of society believe that lying to everyone for everything is at all acceptable.

I know that Boo is using my own stress and panic in her efforts to kill me. She’s taken to picking up and carrying around her baby sister. FFS

She’s 5 years old, her sister weighs well over 11kg, and Boo’s muscle tone isn’t the best because her ridiculously huge tonsils have stunted her development. FFS

I finally lost it this week and made her spend 6 hours in her room. It was cruel, but all I’ve done this week is tell her not to do things – 4 to 5 times per thing.

I wish I knew a way to get the ‘no means no’ message into her head.

I know I don’t want to smack her.

I know that Diddy is teething. How do I know? 3 weeks of screaming, drooling, chewing baby. And half a tooth. FFS

Half a tooth?!? After the carry-on she should have five of the mofo’s….

I know, trust me I do, that it’s hurting her, and I’m doing everything I can to soothe that hurt.

But I wish I knew why it was designed that teething is such a bitch for everyone involved. FFS

I know my darling Husband wants Diddy to have her first chocolate on Easter Sunday. Surprisingly I'm ok with this. In fact, I have a photo shoot idea I want to try.

I'm just not sure I can handle the mess. FFS

I know, after denying the fact for ages, that if I get up a little earlier and do my makeup and look presentable, I feel 1000% better about my day of kid-wrangling.

I know that I turfed most of a my makeup a few years ago, and the rest of it has gone gluggy, so I need to go shopping and replace my stash. No FFS!

I can hear my credit card sobbing already FFS


I wish I knew how to apply makeup properly.

I know now, after 2 weeks of school holidays that the first day of school (Tuesday) can’t come fast enough. My little button-pusher Boo is aching to go back to school and I can’t wait to drop her off because she’ll be much more pleasant. 

I know, however, that in a week and a half she’s going for her tonsil removal which means ANOTHER WEEK AT HOME. FFS

13 comments:

  1. I had my tonsils out when I was five too. I hope Boo recovers well from the op. the first night by memory wasn't very good but I got through. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had mine out Rebecca, but I remember my brother's being done when I was seventeen. My bright-spark father gave him lamb chops on day 2 and wondered why he started bleeding!! Safe to say Boo's in for lots of TLC from her Mama!!

      Delete
  2. What a bugger of a week. Bring on the chocolate. You know it is mandatory to eat chocolate all long weekend right?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Malinda, not only do I know but I ate chocolate like a boss!
      Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. My friday was sort of good as my 2 big boys went out with their dad. Leaving me at home with a baby who has a cold and is cranky!!
    I hate teething I wish all the teeth just came through at once!!
    Good luck with the tonsils I hope she recovers quickly!!
    Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I forgot to say thanks for linking up!!
    Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for the fantastic linkie Ann, was a great new way to write a post :)

      Delete
  5. I have a compulsive liar of a child as well FFS! They just do your head in don't they? And over the most stupid of things, I wish she would just get the whole honesty is the best policy thing. Good luck for Boo's op, sending her lots of fairy wishes and butterfly kisses for speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FFS do they ever Rhianna!! He got really bad this weekend, I ended up confiscating all chocolate. Now it's staring at me FFS!!
      Thankyou for the fairy wishes and butterfly kisses, my little girl smiled when I told her about them! x

      Delete
  6. I too am looking forward to school holidays being over - whilst it brings a different sort of stresses and workload, having them occupied 6 hours a day, somewhere else apart from home, makes for a more harmonious weekday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie, I can't tell you how much I agree with this comment!! Boo is a pretty high-maintenance kid, having someone else maintain her is pretty close to bliss for me!
      Thanks so much for coming over for a read :)

      Delete
  7. We try the old, " you won't get in trouble if you tell us the truth'' sometimes works! Thanks for making my life very normal. I hope you had a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so wish that'd work Emily, but unfortunately he doesn't know how to tell truth at all. Stupid part-time parenting!
      I had a fab Easter, hope yours was amazing!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete